The submissions for RIS are invited at anytime.
Journal of Social Informatics (JSI) is an official peer-review online journal of the Faculty of Sociology and Psychology, University of the West Timisoara.
JSI has a biannual presence (in June/(mid)July and December/(mid)January). First issue : JUNE 2004. Indexed in several international databases, such as Ulrich/ProQuest, Index Copernicus etc.
JSI welcome submissions of your abstracts for our journal wherein you propose your full research papers, research-in-brief papers, essays, monographs, interactive online exhibits with accompanying detailed descriptions, and other forms of scholarship.
Journal of Social Informatics is dedicated to explore the social aspects of computerization, studies linked to the information society and, broadly, any material related to the Internet, computers, society and education. Subjects covered include, but are not limited to:
- types of discourse related to computerization – the technological utopia and dystopia
- the economic, cultural, and organizational dimensions of computerization
- social relationships on electronic forums
- computerization and the change of work – the role of the new information and communication technologies in various professions
- social and personal control
- security systems and social vulnerability
- ethical perspectives and professional responsibilities (hacking, fraud)
- social behaviour of people who develop and use computerized systems
- the impact of new ICT in education, social media and web 2.0 in education
- online distance education and e-learning
- computerization as a form of democracy
- risks of computerization (medical diagnosis, financial transactions)
- influences on the professional and private life
- virtual communities
- the growing importance of cyber-culture
- national and international policies
- digital entertainment
- visual culture etc.
The Journal of Social Informatics is a transdisciplinary online journal that engages a wide spectrum of scholarship and welcomes contributions from the many disciplines and approaches that intersect social informatics research. We encourage participation from a broad range of academics, researchers, educators, and educational practitioners from across the disciplinary spectrum . We strongly encourage submissions that illustrate key findings with examples and case studies; experimental research; socio-psycho-pedagogical innovations; and best practices for the integration of virtual worlds technologies into the learning experience.
Articles should be no more than 20 pages, written with Times New Roman, 12, single line spaces. Book reviews should be between 800 and 1500 words. Authors will be asked to provide an electronic final version. Submissions will be refereed anonymously by at least two referees.
The journal uses the the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th edition) of referencing. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references and citations, which must be in APA format.
All submissions should be sent electronically (preferably as Microsoft Word documents) to:
Journal of Social Informatics
– Revista de Informatica Sociala –
University of the West Timisoara
Faculty of Sociology and Psychology
4 Bd. Vasile Parvan office 029
300223 Timisoara, Romania
by email: email@example.com
If you’re interested please send an email of intent with a 250-300 word abstract or contact the editors for further information.